Dutch Wonderland Pony Guide
Customers: The customer always comes first! We want to make sure they have a great experience and hope to return. Our goal is to give them an enjoyable ride and a fun experience.
Ponies: We always want our ponies to be healthy and happy. It’s your job to make sure the ponies are well taken care of and loved every day.
Teamwork: A great work atmosphere involves great teamwork. You must be willing to work with others and create a good work atmosphere so work is enjoyable for all. This is a drama free job and we will expect drama to be left outside the gates.
AM Feed (7AM-12PM): Your job as an AM feeder is to be on time in order to feed and water the horses, clean their stalls, help wash horses (if needed), groom and tack horses prior to opening and help as a guide after opening.
Pony Guide: Shifts vary from 9AM-7PM.
Your job as a pony guide is to help get the child on the pony and lead the ponies around the designated path twice.
It is important to remember you will be on your feet a lot so wearing good shoes is very important.
Closing Pony Guide: This shift will include walking as well as helping to untack and feed the ponies before they are put away. This will also include grooming the ponies and hosing off the ponies if it is a hot day.
Pony guides may also be cross-trained to work up front with customers if eligible.
- All employees will be given Nookside t-shirts to wear.
- If an employee shows up without his/her t-shirt, they will be required to buy one to wear so they are in Nookside gear as required in order to work that day.
- The shirt may not be altered in any way!
- You must wear jeans and closed toed boots of some sort.
- As an employee of Nookside, you are expected to show up to work on time with a positive attitude at all times.
- If you are running late please notify the manager on duty as soon as possible.
- If you for some reason need to call off last minute, you are responsible for finding a replacement for your shift and notifying the shift manager ASAP!
- If you need a day off and did not request off you are responsible for finding coverage. If no coverage can be found you must report for your shift as scheduled.